Saturday, March 28, 2009

You in 52 ~ Week 6


Okay I know this is really late, but it is done...so I figure, better late than never.
Who is the Story Teller in your Family?
I don't like these pictures, but no one ever takes pics of me and Aubri, unless I beg..so this is what I have, or had to use on this.
The journaling is in the scroll ..it reads
My grandpa was the greatest storyteller! He would always say to me "Let's go outside and talk things over". We would talk for a bit, and it would always lead to him telling me a story,. Sometimes obsurd, but when I was little I believed even those. He also taught me countless songs.
Many of the stories I dont' remember. But the songs., I do.And amazingly so, after all these years. The kids have never had any interest in hearing about my childhood, or my grandpa. I sang them the songs when they were little, but they never had any interest in learning them.
Now I have a grandchild of my own.....and she is facinated with anything I say and she loves the songs. At 15 months she tries so hard to sing along.
It is my hope that her interest will stay strong and she will learn these memories that I have, and pass them on to future generations.

1 comment:

  1. I love your journaling even behind the journaling. Great Great layout.

    ReplyDelete